Is there something I can do to attenuate the HF on my 604's? like wiring something onto my crossovers or something? they seem shouty and I can't seem to get rid of it with the EQ.
Is there something I can do to attenuate the HF on my 604's? like wiring something onto my crossovers or something? they seem shouty and I can't seem to get rid of it with the EQ.
Do you have some resistors? Try making an L-Pad. Start with a 4 ohm series and an 8 ohm shunt and see what you think. If you have assorted resistors, you can experiment. There are online calculators to help. If you want to change it around get a variable L-pad and read the instructions as to how to hook it up. I can't tell you how many persons use it as a variable resistor and don't realize that it effects the XO. Heck, Altec was bad for that even.![]()
Nothing like a great big pair of speakers to make your day.
[url]http://s286.photobucket.com/albums/ll111/calweldon/?start=all[/url]
[url]www.calweldonconsulting.ca[/url]
Thanks Cal.![]()
I believe the 604 is a combination of 416-8B and an 806/804 HF drivers, if so, then they are 109 and 98 dB sensitive respectively. So, start with attenuating the HF at about -10 dB on the HF using an L pad or with discrete components (resistors), you can make 5.4 ohms in series and 3.7 ohms in parallel to get ~ -10dB attenuation (using 8 ohm driver, for 16 ohm driver, use 10.9 and 7.4 ohms ).
Abe
QNME In Retro!
I turned on the lo cut buttons on my eq and the speakers sound pretty nice now. gonna listen to them like that for awhile. Seems like it leveled them out nice and smooth now.
Bookmarks